What do motorcycle road trips, Wu-Tang Clan, and the AetherPal acquisition have in common? VMworld 2019 of course!
The annual VMware-run exposition is where the company’s acquisitions, product evolutions, and ecosystem partners’ new solutions are excitedly shared with the IT public at large. Join our intrepid hosts, Matt Yette and Matt Cozzolino as they once again welcome IVOXY founding partner Alec Taylor, as they go through their wishes, predictions, and suggested itineraries for VMworld 2019… including:
- Why GPUs are a good idea for Windows 10 VDI desktops, even for non-power users.
- What VMware gets right, and what could use some help, with hypervisor and cloud integration (especially with respect to Azure, and how it compares to Amazon EC2).
- The ups and downs of HTML5 and Flash integration in the various VMware suite of products, including Horizon, vSphere, and the “fun” vCenter PSC rollercoaster.
- Some awful puns and dad jokes about how NSX-T is a little rough around the edges.
And now, some important links:
- Monday night: Rubrik & AWS party with Wu Tang Clan
- Tuesday night: Registration for IVOXY dinner is now closed
- Wednesday night: VMworld Fest with OneRepublic
- All the other parties: Listed here
- This fall: VMware Redux is right around the corner – email firstname.lastname@example.org to be notified as soon as registration opens
Thanks for listening, and as always, please subscribe to Data Center Therapy wherever you tune in.
About Data Center Therapy
IT talk with a healthy dose of empathy: Hosts Matt Yette & Matt Cozzolino draw on their combined 40+ years of infrastructure experience as they discuss the ever-changing technology landscape – from virtualization to storage, security to networking, and everything in between.
Like what you’re hearing? Be sure to subscribe!