It’s almost that time of year again!
Alec’s got his crystal ball and he’s giving you a peek. With VMworld squarely in the rear-view mirror, we’re looking forward at what all the big announcements will actually mean for you and your organization. Consider this episode the appetizer to our main entre online event, with two convenient dates to choose from: October 20 and November 5.
Alec and the Matts debrief the big news you may have missed from VMworld and throw in some other fun tidbits along the way like:
- What’s new in vSphere 7 Update 1 (which just released yesterday).
- The new enhanced VMware & NVIDIA partnership which will enable offloading data processing units (DPUs) to NVIDIA cards (locally run modern AI infrastructure).
- Recent acquisitions (like SaltStack) and why they matter.
- How Tanzu is making containers more relevant for organizations rolling out microservices while maybe they aren’t a fit for other use cases.
- The hype around ESXi on ARM and what it means for Intel.
- Alec’s big Linux prediction for the year.
The episode is sure to be a helpful (and fun) primer if you missed VMworld – and whether you caught some of the event or not, VMworld 2020 REDUX is our can’t-miss event of the year. Learn more and register for free.
We hope to see you there, including at a very special episode of Data Center Therapy #Live as a part of both dates.
About Data Center Therapy
IT talk with a healthy dose of empathy: Hosts Matt Yette & Matt Cozzolino draw on their combined 40+ years of infrastructure experience as they discuss the ever-changing technology landscape – from virtualization to storage, security to networking, and everything in between.
Like what you’re hearing? Be sure to subscribe!