In this class, you’ll learn how to operate & administer your CommVault Simpana environment for both physical and virtual infrastructure. In addition we’ll cover topics around application & CommCell protection, reporting, system requirements and licensing models.
Course Length: 2 days (8am – 5pm).
- This course covers configuration & operation of the CommVault Simpana platform.
- The course is written around the Simpana 11 release.
- This course is targeted at administrators & operators new to the CommVault Simpana.
- This course is available as an on-site offering.Day 1: 8AM – 5PM
Day 1: 8AM – 5PM
- Accessing the student labs
- Simpana Overview
- Core Architecture: infrastructure placement & policies
- The CommServe: deployment, process & best practices
- MediaAgents: deployment, process & best practices
- Disk & Tape Libraries: deployment, process & best practices
- Labs on CommServe, MediaAgent and Library deployment
Day 2: 8AM – 5PM
- Q & A from Day 1
- Storage Policies: design considerations & creating backup policies
- Global Deduplication
- Auxiliary Copies
- Operational Considerations: security, schedules, reports & alerts
- Client Computer Groups
- Clients: planning, deployment & configuration
- Backing up your VMs with the Virtual Server Agent
- Labs on Storage Policies, Creating Client Computer Groups, SQL Server and Windows File System Clients & the VSA