Pull up a barstool – this week we’re in person with beers in hand!
At our most recent internal Engineering Day, Chris and Matt got to sit down and discuss the many benefits and use cases for upgrading your infrastructure with VMware NSX.
In essence, NSX is software defined networking (SDN), run on open systems as opposed to specialized devices to secure your infrastructure in various ways:
- A centralized system to manage virtual routers (configure firewall rules, NAT rules, load balancers, etc.)
- A great Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) overlay
- Firewalls that interact at the VNIC level, granting ultimate flexibility
- Simplified cloud provisioning & automated IaaS
With so many possibilities, there’s no shortage of considerations to discuss:
- Interaction with ancillary products from Palo Alto, Trend Micro, etc.
- Interaction with other VMware technologies like vCenter, vRealize Network Insight & Log Insight, ESXi, etc.
- Just how good it feels to say goodbye to frequent late-night forklift core router replacement cycles!
Have a listen:
About Data Center Therapy
IT talk with a healthy dose of empathy: Hosts Chris Crow, Matt Yette, & Alec Taylor draw on their combined 60+ years of infrastructure experience as they discuss the ever-changing technology landscape – from virtualization to storage, security to networking, and everything in between.
Like what you’re hearing? Be sure to subscribe: