Everybody’s talking about automating, but where to start?
While it’s clear that modern, large-scale infrastructure has the most to gain from automation, there are many benefits smaller organizations can realize as well with proper planning.
Standard practices often see two plus week churn times delivering new VMs. For the past several years Chris has been helping server administrators and broader IT teams bring that time way down by implementing Infrastructure as a Service. On today’s episode he talks through many of the ins and outs of IaaS including:
- Weighing all key considerations like networking, security, firewalls, naming standards, local policies, ticketing systems, software configuration, handoff, etc.
- Achieving guaranteed consistency through scripting with PowerShell
- Provisioning with tools like vRealize Automation
Check it out:
- Be sure to see Chris speak on automation at Portland VMUG UserCon on Thursday 10.25.18
- Want to discuss automation in your environment? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Data Center Therapy
IT talk with a healthy dose of empathy: Hosts Chris Crow, Matt Yette, & Alec Taylor draw on their combined 60+ years of infrastructure experience as they discuss the ever-changing technology landscape – from virtualization to storage, security to networking, and everything in between.
Like what you’re hearing? Be sure to subscribe: