vSphere 6.7 has been available for a few months now… So, is it time for you to upgrade?
In our inaugural episode of Data Center Therapy, Matt & Chris discuss just that. HINT – As always, it depends.
Here are some of the key considerations to think through:
- Your third-party integrations like data protection & security platforms
- End-user implications & training
- The risks & complexity associated with rolling it out in your specific environment
Of course, new features are generally the main drivers of early adoption, and we think many of them are pretty snazzy:
- Instant clone APIs
- Per-VM EVC
- … and perhaps ESXi reload without entire host reboot
Listen now to hear about all of this and more!
- Example roadmaps of 3rd Party Support for 6.7
- Veeam: Q3 2018
- NetApp SnapCenter Q1 2019
- NetApp VSC: Q4 2018
- QBoot compatibility checker: Vmware Knowledge Base
- Sign up for our mailing list to find out when our vSphere 6.7 & VMworld Redux workshops will be in a city near you.
- NetApp cluster removal steps (should be performed with blessing of NetApp Support):
- Set diag
- Debug smdb table cluster_package_ownership_rdb show node role
- Make note of orphaned GUIDs here
- Debug smdb table cluster_package_ownership_rdb delete -node <GUID from last step>
- Repeat for all orphaned GUIDs
- Verify with:
- debug smdb table cluster_package_ownership_rdb show node role
- Want to get in touch? Contact us here.
About Data Center Therapy
IT talk with a healthy dose of empathy: Hosts Chris Crow, Matt Yette, & Alec Taylor draw on their combined 60+ years of infrastructure experience as they discuss the ever-changing technology landscape – from virtualization to storage, security to networking, and everything in between.
Like what you’re hearing? Be sure to subscribe: