VMware Horizon View is the industry’s leading desktop virtualization solution and delivers a wide array of powerful features for delivering desktops as a secure managed service. These features include Persona Management, View Composer, View Client, vShield Endpoint and ThinApp. The goal of this training class is to show how these and other features offered in Horizon View empowers IT Departments to provide their users with a consistent, intuitive, and satisfying work environment while greatly diminishing management and administrative overhead.
Course Length: 3 days (8am – 5pm).
- Overview of the View components & features
- Integration with virtual infrastructure components
- PCoIP and other display protocol choices
- Selecting server, networking and storage hardware
- Deployment scenarios with & without view Composer
- OS patching & upgrades
- Sizing, capacity planning and scaling
- OS licensing concepts
- Active Directory considerations
- View management and administration
- End-point integration, hardware reuse and considerations
- Application Deployment